Warehouse Technology and Operations Analyst
If you enjoy helping people and desire to be a part of an award winning team, this is your job! The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank seeks an enthusiastic and relationship savvy individual to serve as a Warehouse Technology and Operations Analyst on the Operations Team. This full time, newly created position plays a vital role in supporting our Operations Leadership Team by providing technical solutions to maximize operational results. A high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, relationship building, flexibility and technical competence is requires for success in this position.
- Evaluate, promote and present opportunities to improve operational systems and processes.
- Assume leadership of assigned implementation tasks and status reports.
- Assist in the configuration, testing and implementation of a comprehensive barcoding system for warehouse inventory management.
- Assist in the coordination of tasks related to go-live preparation, including site prep, configuration and testing, training and go-live support.
- Assist in the set-up of system enhancements, functionality, reports/queries, and processes.
- Collaborate with the Feeding America network to compare and develop best practices, functionality and metrics.
- Interact with operational users to answer questions and to ensure that they understand how to use the bin-slotting system to complete their job.
- Assist in the analysis and execution of Warehouse bin-slotting plan to optimize total production efficiencies including order fulfillment and put away.
- Generate and deliver bin-slotting inventory solutions to maximize operational results and minimize operational costs and disruption.
- Partner with warehouse leadership to ensure that receiving and distribution activities are completed in a timely manner, including data analytics (inventory flows and turns, receiving and distribution trends, etc.); tasks are completed using standard processes; system process or data exceptions are identified and resolved; and routine data or configuration maintenance.
- Serve as a consultant between the operations leadership team for operation process meetings, functional gap analysis and configuration requirements; make recommendations for change displaying flexibility and a positive attitude to meet the changing needs of operations.
- Design and present a system to provide performance metrics for all areas of operations ensuring that appropriate reporting mechanisms/ formats are designed and implemented to communicate key metrics to the CEO and COO.
- Ensure operational compliance with all applicable regulations and guidelines administered by the USDA, FDA, AIB, OSHA and Feeding America.
Additionally, the minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, computer science or similar and five (5) years of directly related experience in a warehouse environment; proficiency and knowledge of warehouse inventory management system functionality and an understanding of how these systems interact to impact business results; strong analytical skills and root cause analysis; ability to communicate effectively and to articulate technical concepts to operational staff in simplified terms; proven success in the development and implementation of process improvements; commitment to understanding and supporting ACRFB’s mission, showing compassion and appreciation for hunger issues.
Join Feeding America's 2012 Foodbank of the Year and a 2014 NorthCoast99 winner in our fight against hunger! Excellent culture, pay & benefits. Background check & drug screen required. No calls or walk-ins. EOE/M/F/D/V
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the following information in your cover letter:
- Summary of your background and relevant experience
- Explanation of how you connect to our mission
- Explanation of why you are qualified for the position or the best fit
- Salary requirements
- Contact information and best time to reach you